The Crowded House internship is a year long programme that offers a unique opportunity in which both your character and skills will be developed. Our aim is to provide a significant experience of gospel ministry that will prepare you for a lifetime serving Jesus among his people in the world.
Who is it for?
The internship will most benefit those that seek to:
- Grow in personal development and discipleship
- Improve personal skills
- Enlarge personal vision
Please note that the internship is only available to those 21 years old and above.
What will it involve?
You may be placed with The Crowded House congregations in Sheffield, including TCH Union and TCH Peak Trinity, Loughborough or Boroughbridge. This will shape some of the details of what your internship will look like, however our internship programme involves three elements:
- practical service of the local church gatherings
- cleaning and setting-up for regular and one-off events
- assisting and supporting the Staff Elders and other Church Staff
- Media & Communications
- Music & Gathered Worship
- Families ministry
- Estates ministry (only available at TCH Sheffield)
- Student ministry (only available at TCH Sheffield & TCH Union)
- applied theological study (i.e. Crosslands: Foundation – 9 modules)
- bible-handling training (i.e. Preachers Workshop & bible handling)
- internship projects (i.e. reflective tasks set in response to issues that emerge)