The Crowded House internship is a year long programme that offers a unique opportunity in which both your character and skills will be developed. Our aim is to provide a significant experience of gospel ministry that will prepare you for a lifetime of christian service.
Who is it for?
The internship will most benefit those that seek to;
- Grow in personal development and discipleship
- Improve personal skills
- Enlarge personal vision
Please note that the internship is only available to those 21 years old and above.
What will it involve?
You may be placed with The Crowded House congregations in Sheffield, Loughborough or Boroughbridge. This will shape some of the details of what your internship will look like, however our internship programme involves three elements:
- Gathering preparation
- Preparation of children’s Bible material
- Assisting other staff and leaders at The Crowded House
- Studying Porterbrook
- Researching and starting an initiative in which you are serving others and sharing the gospel
- Administration: Rotas, finances, organising, communicating
- Children: Preparing resources, developing material, Sunday & toddler groups,
- Word: Tim Chester’s research assistant – proofreading, summarising, researching, formatting
- Evangelism: Evangelistic courses, first contact, meeting with unbelievers, pre-evangelistic activity
- Cross-Cultural Ministry: Welcoming, evangelising, befriending & discipling internationals
- Estate Ministry: Working to reach people from deprived backgrounds
- Pioneer Church Planting: Involvement in the life and mission of a new church plant.
- Worship: Prepare for Sunday gatherings, creating slides, contributing to music.
When you apply please indicate if you have a preference. In the course of the application process we will discuss with you which specialism is best suited to you.
To download details of our internship please click here. To download an application form please click on this link – TCH Internship Application Form. For more information or to send us your form please email.